Did you know we have a Children in Care Council?
Halton Borough Council pledge to all Halton children in care and care leavers a promise to help.
- We will help you and stick by you.
- We will love and care for you as we would our own children.
- We promise to keep you safe and make sure you live in a safe place.
- We will support you to see appropriate family and friends. If you can’t see them we will explain the reasons why.
- We will help you to keep in touch with old friends and make new friends.
- We will give you pocket money and explain pocket money arrangements to you at the start of your placement.
- We will help you achieve in school and try new activities.
- We will look after your health.
- We will keep your information private.
- We will help you to speak up.
- We will give you time and space to express your feelings and give you opportunities to influence decisions about your future.
- We will support you when you move on to adult life.
Visit the Children in Care Council website here.