Halton Borough Council look for potential foster parents of all ages and backgrounds. People who simply have the life skills to care for a child or children who may be confused, frightened and wondering what the future holds. By providing a warm, nurturing environment at a time when a child needs you most, you can help them to feel safe and secure – however short or long the time they’ll be with you.
Halton, Cheshire West and Chester, Warrington and Cheshire East Councils are working together to offer a joint recruitment and marketing fostering service.
All fostering enquiries are now being taken by a single team based in Warrington.
The new way of working aims to:
- Increase the number of Local Authority foster carers across the four areas;
- Increase the availability of placements to meet the needs of our looked after children;
- Develop and support carers to enable the placement of sibling groups and older children;
- Increase the frequency of training, information events and panels by sharing resources;
- Reduce the time it takes new foster carers to reach assessment.
To enquire about becoming a foster carer please call: 0800 195 3175 or complete the online enquiry form